Sigma IV Pump
With soap and water for at least 15 seconds (sing Happy Birthday) and dry with paper towels.
- Hang IV medication bag on IV pole and remove protective cap/cover.
- Open IV tubing package, unwind new IV tubing, close the Roller-clamp.
- Remove protective cap from spiked end of tubing.
- Push spiked end of tubing into IV bag using a twisting/pushing motion.
- Squeeze and release the Drip-chamber until Drip-chamber is ½ full.
- Prime tubing by opening the roller clamp until tubing is full and then close the Roller-clamp.
Loading IV Tubing into IV Pump:
- Push roller clamp into slot on the front of the pump; pump will turn on automatically.
- Pull IV tubing up and back into upper channel, listen for 2 beeps.
- Open lever and pull IV tubing down and back into lower channel, listen for 2 beeps.
- Close lever and open roller clamp.
Push the Rate button and enter your rate of _________/hr and then press Enter.
Push the Volume button and enter your volume of _________ and then press Enter.
Scrub clave with alcohol prep pad (approx. 10-15 seconds)
Flush catheter with Normal Saline
(see CNY Infusion Flushing Protocol
Connect IV tubing to clave and then Push the Run/Stop button.